Healthy Purple Cabbage Paratha
Purple cabbage has a relatively high ratio of nutrients and vitamins to calories and fat, which makes it an ideal choice for dieters. This vegan parathas can be a super filling lunch as well as a satisfying dinner and anyone can carry this parathas happily in their lunch-box as well.
- Combine purple cabbage and onion.
- Add carom seeds, salt, red chili powder, garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Mix all nicely.
- Make lemon sized balls. Roll out the dough, add little desi ghee/oil into it and place portion of the cabbage filling in the center of the dough circle and make a potli.
- Make a paratha and It should be little bit thicker than roti with the help of a little flour.
- Place it on a heated tawa and cook it as you would cook plain paratha.
- Drizzle some oil or butter over the paratha's until light golden brown spots appear on one side.. Repeat the same with the rest of dough.
- Serve your purple cabbage parathas with pickle, veggies or gravies of your choice.
Calories: 286 kcal | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 38 mg | Sodium: 124 mg | Potassium: 1109 mg | Fiber: 10 g | Sugar: 18 g | Vitamin A: 4831 IU | Vitamin C: 243 mg | Calcium: 203 mg | Iron: 4 mg