Healthy Chickpeas Salad Recipe
This salad was delicious and very filling. I ate it for lunch for several days and the longer it sat, the more lemony it became. The family loved it too and over the years itâ€™s become a favorite meal as well.
- Chickpeas/Kabuli Chana - 1/2 cup soaked overnight and cooked
- De-seeded Tomato - 1 medium you can take seeded too
- Finely chopped Onion - 1 small
- Finely chopped Parsley - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves - 2 tbsp
- For dressing: Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Chaat masala - 3/4 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Roasted Cumin powder optional - 1/4 tsp
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Soak chickpeas overnight for 8-9hrs and wash them and pressure cook with enough water for 3 whistles,reduce the flame and cook for another 5-8 mins...
- Chickpeas should cook thoroughly and soft firm and not become mushy[I love mushy chickpeas salad, so I smashed little bit with spoon, if you don't avoid this]. Drain them and keep them aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, add the dressing mix in olive oil,lemon juice, salt, chaat masala, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder and give a nice stir using a small wire whisk until you get a uniform paste.
- Take a big bowl and add boiled chickpeas, finely chopped onion, tomato, parsley leaves and give a nice stir.
- Add the dressing and check the taste of it and add any seasoning like salt or spice to suit your taste buds.
- Serve the salad immediately. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.