A rainy hungry morning – A raid in my fridge – all I found was left over potato baji, and I tried this yumm healthy Waffle patties with fresh coriander and chia seeds. The recipe turned out simply awesome and did not require any oil to deep fry. Chia seeds gave a wonderful crunch to the patties and I am gonna experiment the same with peas and cauliflower as well. You can try with the flavour of your choice.
Ingredients & Quantity
- 3 to 4 boiled potatoes
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- Masala of your choice (garam masala, amchoor, dhaniya powder, jeera powder, annardana)
- Salt and a squeeze of lemon juice
- Oil to brush the waffle maker
- Salt to taste
Post Salad Recipes from 20th Mar to 26th Mar 2017 and win Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/- if from India or $5 if outside India.
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- In a clean bowl, add the mashed potatoes along with rest of the ingredients. Mash well and roll a small portion on your palm.
- Press the potato ball between the hot waffle maker. Don’t forget to brush the waffle maker with little bit oil, before adding the potato ball. Cook it crisp and enjoy hot with tomato salsa and hung curd dip.
Raw Chia seeds – Vegan and rich in omega-3, dietary fiber, protein, Anti- oxidants.Today I would like to share my experience of using Organic Chia Seeds in my food.