Grilled Tomato Chicken
Tomato grilled chicken is a very delicious, healthy and easy one pot dish. I have chosen chicken breasts to prepare this grilled dish, as they are the best known source of lean protein. Also chicken breasts contains various nutrients that boost our immune system, improves heart health and provides more energy. The boneless, skinless chicken breasts from Licious is perfect for this recipe. Tomato grilled chicken, as the name suggests, is a grilled recipe. So no frying is involved. Only a spoon of oil, that too a healthier option, is used for the dish. The juices that ooze out from tomatoes, onion and chicken is all that is required for the cooking. So the flavors are all locked in itself. So check out the recipe on how to make this healthy dish that won't consume much of your time. Just mix in all the ingredients and arrange the chicken pieces for the grill and there you have, your flavorsome tomato grilled chicken.
- Licious Chicken breast skinless, boneless 4 pieces
- Ripe tomatoes big, chopped 4
- Onion chopped 1
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Garlic sliced 6 pods
- Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- Freshly crushed pepper 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Sunflower oil 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese grated 1 tbsp (optional)
- Clean and wash the chicken breast pieces and score them (make 3-4 slits on one side of each meat piece).
- Now marinate the chicken pieces with 1/2 tbsp freshly ground pepper powder, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Let it rest for at least half an hour. The longer, the better.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the tomato bedding.
- For this, take the chopped tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a bowl.
- To this add, remaining crushed pepper, salt, red chili flakes, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Now grease the baking dish with sunflower oil. Use a dish that is grill-safe. I have used a ceramic dish without any silver/golden lining.
- Transfer the vegetable mix into the baking dish.
- Next place the marinated chicken breast pieces in the tomato bedding, by making small shallow wells in them.
- Once ready, grill the dish for 20 minutes.
- After that turn the sides of the chicken breasts and grill for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.