Green Pea Pancakes
These green peas pancakes are quite an interesting alternative to the traditional south indian uttapa, which is commonly had for breakfast. This tasty snack has a high folic acid and fiber content, making it very nutritious.
- 3/4 cup green peas boiled
- 1/2 cup rice flour chawal ka atta
- 1/2 cup besan bengal gram flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tbsp green chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fruit salt
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- 1/4 cup paneer cottage cheese, grated low-fat
- 1/2 cup carrot grated
- 1/4 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- Grind the green peas in a blender to a coarse paste, using very little water.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the rice flour, besan, turmeric powder, green chilies, salt and water (as required) and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Just before making the pancakes, add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour a small spoonful of the batter on the tava and spread it to make a 50mm diameter circle.
- Sprinkle a little paneer, carrots and tomatoes over it and smear a little oil along the edges of the pancake.
- When cooked on one side, turn it over and cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Repeat for the remaining batter and topping to make more mini pancakes.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.
Calories: 221 kcal | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Protein: 8 g | Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0.01 g | Cholesterol: 9 mg | Sodium: 329 mg | Potassium: 285 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 2965 IU | Vitamin C: 14 mg | Calcium: 90 mg | Iron: 1 mg
No comments yet
I love green peas in any curry and I am going to try this.
That’s an quick and easy recipes…. would try definitely
Wow, I would ask my mom to make this 🙂 I love peas.