Fusion Spinach Parathas With Onion-Tomato Salsa
An interesting twist to the regular spinach parathas makes them too yumm to stop eating them.
- 1½ cup Wheat flour
- 1 cup cup Spinach leaves puree
- 1½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Green chili paste
- 2 tsp Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- ½ tsp Roasted cumin powder
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped finely
- ½ cup Olive oil to smear dough + fry parathas
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green chili
- Coriander leaves few
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Cumin powder roasted
- Salt to taste
- Mix ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, salt, dried oregano, mixed herbs, cumin powder, chopped parsley and spinach puree into the wheat flour. Knead the flour into a soft dough adding milk as per needed.
- Smear the dough with olive oil and cover with a cling wrap. Keep aside for 20 minutes. Take the dough and divide into equal 10 portions. Roll out each portion like a chapati and shallow fry in a pan with olive oil until well cooked.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top. Serve hot along with the onion-tomato salsa.
- Chop very finely the onion, tomato, green chili and coriander leaves. Mix all the above chopped veggies. Then add salt, lemon juice and cumin powder to it. Mix well and serve with fusion spinach parathas.
Calories: 300 kcal | Carbohydrates: 45 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Sodium: 1330 mg | Potassium: 297 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 1405 IU | Vitamin C: 14 mg | Calcium: 186 mg | Iron: 3 mg
No comments yet
Interesting recipe … Spinach Paratha with a twist or Italian spinach Paratha, I would say. I usually make various paratha like carrot, Spinach, broccoli where I will make and puree and knee the dough with this but I am going to try adding herbs. If my daughter is happy then this recipe is a hit. Thanks