Flax Seeds Modak
- 1 cup Flax seeds
- 1/3 cup Palm sugar powdered
- 1/2 tsp Cardamon Powder
For the outer layer
- 1 1/2 cup Rice flour
- Water as needed
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- Ghee for rubbing the hands
- Thonnai Leaves dried leaves, as needed to cover the pan
- For the stuffing ; Take a mixie and add the flax seeds, powdered palm sugar and elachi powder. Blend 3 or 4 times and make it semi-powder.
- Take a pan and add 1/3 cup water and allow it to boil. Switch off the gas and add the flax seeds palm sugar mix. Mix well and add ghee
- Take them out and divide them into 21 equal balls. You need to rub your palm with ghee before shaping them so that they will not stick on to your hands
- For the outer layer. Take 1 1/2 cup of rice powder, add salt and half a tsp of sesame oil.
- Boil 2.5 cups of water, you may not need all of them. Pour the water little by little on the rice flour and make it as a pliable dough.
- Add sesame oil to this and cover with a wet cloth. Open it only when needed.
- Rub your hands with ghee. Take a small portion of rice flour and shape it into a round ball.
- Later start making as a cup by starting to press from outer side. Place the stuffing and cover it.
- Take a pan for pressure cooker and place the dried thonnai leaves. Place the modaks and steam for 15 minutes.
- Flax seed modak is ready.
Kids Favorites : Crispy Baked Crumb Chicken : Finger-Licking Good!! :)
Crispy Fried Chicken: a classic kids favorite. So many fast food chains sell these like…
Vepampoo Podi | Neem Flowers Powder
Festivals are over and its time to get back to healthy eating. Try this Vepampoo…
Apple Cinnamon Tea
Apple cinnamon Tea or Apple cinnamon iced tea, a flavorful refreshing tea recipe to drink…
Vegetable Cheese Topped Mushroom Tofu Baked Aubergine
This simple and healthy recipe for 'Vegetable Cheese Topped Mushroom tofu Baked Aubergine' is a…
Mushroom And Sun-Dried Tomatoes Pasta With Garlic Sauce
Looking to cook an easy vegan meal over the weekend ? This light and flavorsome…
Deep fried cauliflower fritters that are super crispy on the outside, tender on the inside…
7 Best Kitchen Gadgets You Must Have In Your Kitchen
Lets talk about Best Kitchen Gadgets you must have! 1. Vegetable Huggers This kitchen tool is perhaps the most exquisite…
Chia Seeds Benefits and Side Effects – A New Fad Or Real Super Food?
Chia Seeds Benefits and Side Effects! The internet, health community in particular, never fails to surprise all of these with…
Benefits of Using Mustard Oil for Cooking – Unveiling the Nutritional Powerhouse
Benefits of Using Mustard Oil for Cooking! When it comes to cooking oils, mustard oil stands out as a versatile…
15 Best Vegetables For Grilling
What are easy grilled vegetables or the best veggies to grill on skewers? Grillable vegetables, grilled fall vegetables, and grilled…
Easy Ways To Detoxify Naturally
You are exposed to chemical toxins through food, alcohol, and other cold drinks every day. High exposure to these substances…
11 Best Indian Dessert Recipes To Make At Home For Dinner Parties
Best Indian Dessert Recipes: When you think of Indian food, Indian desserts menu would always strike you in first go.…