Eggless Cinnamon Butter Cookies | Atta Biscuits In A Kadai
See how to make atta biscuits in a kadai. These cinnamon flavoured butter cookies are simple, crispy, crunchy and tasty too. To make out biscuits more healthy, we have used whole wheat flour and brown sugar, no refined ingredients at all. Perfect cookies for festive season.
- Whole wheat Flour atta - 1 cup (125 gms)
- Butter - 1/2 cup 80 gms (if using unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt in flour)
- Powdered Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup 80 gms
- Baking Powder - a pinch
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp optional
- Cold Milk- 2 tbps optional
- Sieve flour along with baking powder and keep it aside. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in vanilla essence and mix well. Add cinnamon powder in flour and gradually add flour in creamed mixture. Add flour in batches.
- Knead a dough. The mixture is little crumbly so add 1-2 tbsp milk if required to hold the mixture together. Work on it for 2-3 minutes. Roll out the dough on a flat surface. The thickness should be 1/2 cms approximately.
- Cut out biscuits in any desired shape. Keep the kadai for preheating using salt. Place a stand and cover he kadai for 10 min for heating.
- Place all the biscuits on a steel plate covered with parchment paper. Place the plate in heated kadai and cover it and bake for 30- 35 min. After 20 min check the biscuits in between and flip the biscuits so that these cook evenly from both the sides
- Once biscuits turn golden brown, switch off the flame and remove the plate from the kadai. Cool it down completely and store in an airtight jar.