Dinner Rolls Bread
Dinner Rolls or Ladi Pav are basically light fluffy Indian bread which goes well with Pav Bhaji or any gravy.... It's an easy recipe to follow and make at home with less ingredients.
- All purpose flour 500 gms
- Milk powder 15 gms
- Salt 10 gms
- Sugar 15 gms
- Butter 25 gms
- Milk 150 ml
- Water 150ml
- Yeast 18 gms
- Sesame seeds 2 tablespoon
- Milk for wash 3 tablespoon
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Add yeast to lukewarm milk and water and stir well. Take a bowl add salt first, flour, sugar and milk powder. Then add in the yest mixture to it.Combine well with hand. I used hand to to knead.
- After kneading 5 minutes, add butter and knead for 20 more minutes. The dough should be ready with a good elasticity.. Test by rolling a piece of dough and stretch out to test the elasticity by doing window pane test.
- After kneading well place the dough in an oiled vessel to prove. It'll take two hours to prove. After first proving punch the dough well and divide the dough into equal parts as dinner rolls.
- Wait for the dough for second rise. It'll take an hour for the second proving.
- After the second prove apply milk on top of the buns to get shiny look. Made two batches... on on to one batch sprinkled sesame seeds to get a different taste. Bake this in the preheated oven of 200 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes.
- After baking immediately apply butter wash. Let the dinner rolls completely cool. Serve with spicy Pav Bhaji or with any gravies.
Proving time is most important for making bread. Yeast should be fresh.