Dal Ke Phool/Wheat Flour Dumplings Dipped In Lentils
This is a traditional recipe from eastern UP & is now a kind of extinct recipe because of obvious new generations liking of junk food.But if you want to feed your family with aleast one healthy meal a day then this can be a very good option as it is tasty healthy easy & quick to prepare.
- Tur Dal /Arhar dal : 1 cups
- Wheat Flour : 1 cup
- Onion Finally Chopped : 1 tbsp
- Garlic Finally chopped : 1/4 tbsp
- Ginger Finally Chopped : 1/4 tbsp
- Green Chilies As Per Taste
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable Oil : 1tbsp
- Water : 6 Cup
- Pressure cook dal with 2 cups water, salt & turmeric powder. Dal will be cooked after 1 long whistle on high flame & 2 small whistles on low flame. Rest it to release the pressure.
- Knead Flour with some salt & water like you knead it for your daily chapatis.Roll it into upto 3 inch diameter & make a flower of it by bringing four sides together in center.
- Now add remaining water in dal and bring it to boil. When it reaches to its boiling point drop flowers carefully one by one into it.
- Close the pressure cooker lid & cook it on medium flame till it whistles. Typically 5 -6 min. Switch off the gas & rest it again to release the pressure.
- In another pan heat oil . Add cumin seeds , asafoetida & splutter. After that add ginger garlic & onion. Cook till everything becomes golden brown.Pour immediately to the dal & phool mix. Serve hot with achar & papad.
- Don’t put the dumplings in dal until it reaches to boiling point . They will stick to each other.
- If you don’t want to give this shape you can simply roll small thick chapaties upto 4 inch diameter & cook in boiling dal
Fluffy Corn Muffins
When my son is in home for summer vacation its busy time for me. He…
Broccoli And Spinach Soup
It's super healthy soup which is a combination of broccoli and Spinach with ginger, coriander,…
Roasted Chicken Stuffed With Cheese, Mushroom, Broccoli & Spinach Served In White Creamy Sauce And Vegetable Pasta
An extraordinary dish that transforms regular not so liked ingredients into a work of art.…
a perfect sweet for any indian festival
Egg Tortellini Pasta With Maggi Masala-E-Magic
You know I have done some amazing experiments in Kitchen when I am in hurry…
Maple & Mulberry Panna Cotta
An Italian dessert made by blending thick cream, milk, gelatin and honey, is simply delicious,…
7 Dishes That’ll Turn Your Backyard BBQ Into A Gourmet Spread
Don’t believe anyone who tells you that a BBQ cannot be a gourmet affair. You don’t need perfect, white starch…
How To Write A Recipe – Do’s And Don’ts
How To Write A Recipe? Have you ever wondered why your food blog is not fetching you revenue from Google?…
5 Signs It’s Time To Rebrand Your Resto
If you’re a restaurateur, chances are you’ve been through the process of rebranding at least once. Maybe it’s because your…
5 Tips For Going Vegan
Tips For Going Vegan! Many people have been transitioning to veganism as it has become popular in the last few…
Easy Ways To Detoxify Naturally
You are exposed to chemical toxins through food, alcohol, and other cold drinks every day. High exposure to these substances…
Why Indians Eat With Their Hands?
Quite interesting, but this topic has always been intriguing to me, since eating habits with hands is normally found mostly…