- Split Black Gram Urad daal â€“ 1 cup
- Cumin seeds â€“ little
- Chopped Ginger â€“ Little
- Chopped Green Chillies â€“ 2
- Hing â€“ 1 pinch
- Roasted Cumin Powder â€“ As per taste
- Oil â€“ for deep frying
- Yogurt â€“ Â½ lit well beaten
- Chaat Masala â€“ to taste for garnishing
- Roasted Cumin Powder â€“ to taste for garnishing
- Red Chili Powder â€“ to taste for garnishing
- Green Chutney â€“ to taste for garnishing
- Tamarind Chutney â€“ to taste for garnishing
- Coriander â€“ finely chopped for garnishing
- Soak the Urad Dal for around 4-5 Hrs. Grind it well adding water only if required.
- Add finely chopped ginger, green chillies, Whole black pepper, a pinch of hing, salt as per taste and cumin seeds.
- Now whip the paste well. Try putting a drop of the paste in cold water. If it floats then the mixture is ready.
- Now add oil to a pan and heat it well. Put small lumps of the mixture to prepare balls and heat.
- Cook in medium heat so that it is cooked from inside. Soak these balls in water for 5-6 mins and press them slightly without breaking to rinse off water.
- On the other hand, finely whip the curd adding salt as per taste. Add these balls in the curd.
- Decorate it with roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and chat masala.
- You can also add green chutney or tamarind chutney for taste. Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing and refrigerate. Serve Cold.
No comments yet
Hello Gayatri…Missing your recipes on Plattershare.
My all time favorite, whenever I go to any South Indian restaurant I always order Dahi Vadha 🙂