Paneer tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of Paneer marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka and other meat dishes.It is a popular dish that is widely available in India and countries with an Indian diaspora.
Chunks of paneer, are marinated in spices and are then arranged on a stick with capsicums,onions and tomatoes .These sticks are grilled in a tandoor and is thereafter served hot, seasoned with lemon juice and some chaat masala.This dish traditionally goes well with mint chutney.
Ingredients & Quantity
- Paneer 250 grams (cut it into thick cubes)
- Capsicum -2 whole cut in square shape
- onions - 2 whole cut in square shape
- Thick curd -1 cup
- Crushed garlic -5 to 6 cloves.
- Crushed ginger -1 small piece (1 tsp
- Lemon juice -1 whole lemon
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Tandoori food color according to your choice of color you desire.I have used around 1/2 tsp.
Post Fusion Recipes from 27th Mar to 02nd Apr 2017 and win a Recipe book worth INR 995/- authored by Celebrity Chef Shazia Khan and an Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/-
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- Take a bowl add curd salt,chili powder,turmeric powder,tandoori color,ginger garlic paste ,lime juice and whisk it properly.
Now add capsicum,onions and paneer cubes in the curd ,mix them gently to avoid breaking of paneer cubes
- marinade for at least 4 hours and refrigerate it.
After 4 hours ,pre heat the otg at 200 degrees at broil function mode for 10 minutes.
- After 4 hours ,pre heat the otg at 200 degrees at broil function mode for 10 minutes.
Now skew the veggies one by one in skewers.Like first go for capsicum, then paneer,then onion and again paneer like a sequence.
- After 10 minutes brush the paneer and veggies with little oil,broil or roast it for 20 to 25 minutes on the upper shelf at 220 degrees.(varies from oven to oven)
- Now after 25 minutes check the paneer and serve it with coriander mint chutney.
- For mint chutney i have added a spoon of curd in it.