Corn Maja Blanca
A Filipino dessert that is originally made with cornflour, coconut milk and sugar. The original recipe does not contain corn and condensed milk, it is a fusion recipe to make it more creamy with the subtle crunch of sweetcorn. Very simple to make and you are done with a luscious dessert for potluck parties or New Year Eve. Try this dessert that involves the most common of ingredients and is yet a lipsmacking one at that..
- Coconut milk 3 cups
- Cornflour 1/2 cup
- Sweet Corn Kernels 1 cup
- Condensed milk 1 cup
- Toasted coconut flakes 1/2 cup
- Full fat milk 1 cup
- Combine milk and cornflour in a bowl and set aside. Mix well to make it lumpfree and smooth. In a pan add coconut milk and cook on a low heat.
- Add condensed milk after about 5 minutes of cooking. Also add the cornflour and milk mix. Keep stirring until it thickens for nearly 20 minutes.
- Add sweetcorn now and give it all a thorough mix. Do not stop stirring. As soon as it thickens and is mixed well, remove it out onto a greased dish. Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes on top.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. It tastes awesome when served chilled. Slice it and serve with loads of love to your near and dear ones.
- Slice and Enjoy this gorgeous looking dessert from Philppines with a little bit of twist for a more creamier outcome of this luscious, melt in mouth sweet dish.