Chole is famous Indian street food and snack and the combination of chole bhuture(Indian Bread) need no description. This is a completely vegan dish and rich in protein due to its main ingredient chickpeas. Locally called as Chana masala or Chole, this dish is made in thick onion gravy and is served with Kulcha, Lachcha paratha or puri. Let’s learn how to make Chana masala or Punjabi Chole recipe
- Canned chickpeas available in the market can be used for this recipe but soaking dry Kabuli chana overnight is an economical and healthier option
- Water which is used for soaking can be used for boiling too but it can be thrown away as sometimes it starts smelling and may cause gastric problems.
- In case dried pomegranate seeds are not available to use store-bought Dried mango powder (Amchur Powder) or Lemon.
- In case you don’t feel like making the fresh chana masala powder, check for the chana masala brands like MDH.
Click for other variety of Chole recipes –
- Chole Capsicum Masala
- Aloo Tikki Chole
- Methi CholeAchaari Paneer Chole Recipe
- Adraki Kabuli Chole
- Chickpeas Kebab
About the Author: This Recipe has been shared by home chef Geeta Biswas who is a simple yet experienced homemaker. She feels that just like kids grow up with their toys, in the same way, she has grown up with her recipes. Ingredients are her tools and she loves making innovative recipes which have built up her identity.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Rated 4.5 based on 2 votes
Be the first to rate this post.