Kids always love chocolaty dips. But as a parent we will be happy to serve it, if it can be made healthier. So give a twist to the regular hummus dip and make it a chocolate hummus. Chocolate hummus is made healthier using chickpeas, peanut butter, pure maple syrup and antioxidant rich unsweetened cocoa powder. Chickpeas are rich in nutrients and loaded with protein and fiber. Protein rich peanut butter further adds nutritional value to the recipe. Pure maple syrup contains numerous antioxidants and contains essential vitamins and minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium and manganese. This recipe is very easy to make and it is fun for your kids as well when they join you to make this simple, easy and healthy recipe. Just go ahead, combine the ingredients and blend to a smooth puree. It makes an exciting dip for kids when served with fresh fruits or crackers or pita chips.
- 1 Â¼ cup chickpeas cooked or canned
- 2 Â¼ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Â½ tablespoon peanut butter creamy
- 3 tbsp maple syrup pure
- Â¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend in intervals until a smooth puree is obtained.
- Serve with fresh fruits or crackers or bread sandwich toast or pita chips.
- I always prefer to cook chickpeas at home. To cook chickpeas, soak half cup of dried chickpeas overnight and pressure cook the chickpeas.
- Adjust cocoa powder according to your choice. If you want a darker chocolate hummus, use more cocoa powder and for a lighter milk chocolate hummus reduce the cocoa powder. This recipe yields a darker chocolate hummus.
- If you want to make the dip even creamier, increase the amount of nut butter considerably.
- Preparation time is exclusive of the soaking time of dried chickpeas.
- Cooking time will not be necessary if canned chickpeas are used.
- Peanut butter can also be substituted with any other nut butter of your choice.
No comments yet
Looks delicious Raji