Chocolate Coated Frozen Kiwi Star Pops
Kiwi fruit is not only attractive in color but also in nutrients. It is loaded with essential vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin E, folate and potassium. They are also rich in antioxidants and a good source of fiber. The green flesh of the fruit is both sweet and tangy. Kids are always fond of fun foods and being a parent we always find ways to make these fun foods healthy as well. Chocolate coated frozen kiwi star pops is loaded with the benefits of kiwi fruit, almonds and desiccated coconut. It takes less time to prepare apart from the freezing time, so let your kids enjoy a healthy and yummy fruit snack / dessert.
- 3 medium sized kiwi fruits
- Â½ cup dark chocolate
- Â½ cup milk chocolate
- 1/8 cup almonds finely chopped
- 1/8 cup desiccated coconut
- Few edible sprinkles optional
- Wash the kiwi fruits.
- Cut both ends and carefully remove the peel.
- Slice into ¼ inch thick round slices.
- Using a star cookie cutter, carefully make the star shapes. You can also use the sliced round shape as it is, if desired.
- Align a tray with parchment sheet.
- Carefully insert the Popsicle sticks into the star shaped kiwi slices.
- Place them on the tray and freeze for 4 Ã¢â¬â 5 hours.
- Just few minutes before removing the tray from the freezer, combine the chocolates and melt together using double boiling method or in a microwave.
- Remove the frozen slices; carefully dip them in the melted chocolate.
- Garnish with almonds, desiccated coconut and sprinkles.
- You can directly serve them as it is or place them in the freezer for another 1 to 2 hours and serve.
- Kiwi can be substituted with any other fruit of your choice.
- Preparation is exclusive of freezing time.