Resturant style indo-chinese starter that's crisp, sweet, sour and spicy.
- 250 gm Mushrooms
- 1 medium Onion cut in squares
- 2-3 green chillies cut lengthwise
- 1 capsicum cut in squares
- 7-8 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 4-5 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2-3 tbsp green chilly sauce
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Black pepper as required
- Oil for frying mushrooms and cooking
- For the batter: 5 tbsp maida 3 tbsp cornflour, pinch of salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and water as required to make the batter.
- Rinse and wipe dry the mushrooms. Trim the stalks and half them.
- Make a medium consistency batter with flour, cornflour, salt, pepper and water.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Dip each mushroom in the batter and coat them uniformly with the batter. Fry coated mushrooms in medium hot oil till golden and crisp from all sides. Once done keep aside.
- Heat oil in another kadai add onions stir fry for a minute. Now add ginger, garlic, green chillies saute for 1-2mins. Next add the capsicum saute for 2-3 mins make sure the crush of capsicum is maintained.
- Next add salt, pepper along with soy sauce, tomato sauce and green chilly sauce then add the fried mushrooms and mix it well cook for another one minute. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot. Happy Cooking!!