Chicken Salna For Parotta – Tuticorin Style
- â€¢ Chicken â€“ Â¾ kg
- â€¢ Pearl Onions sambhar onions â€“ Â¼ kg or Big onions â€“ 4 nos (medium size)
- â€¢ Tomato â€“ 1 no medium size
- â€¢ Chili powder â€“ 2 Â½ tsp
- â€¢ Coriander powder â€“ 1 tsp
- â€¢ Cumin powder â€“ 2 tsp
- â€¢ Grated coconut â€“ Â½ cup
- â€¢ Cashew nuts â€“ 6 nos
- â€¢ Fennel seeds / Perunjeergam â€“ 1 Â½ tsp
- â€¢ Ginger-garlic paste â€“ 1 tbsp freshly grounded
- â€¢ Cloves â€“ 5 nos
- â€¢ Cardamom â€“ 4 nos
- â€¢ Cinnamon â€“ 2 sticks 2 â€œinch
- â€¢ Star Anise â€“ 4 nos
- â€¢ Curry leaves â€“ two sprigs
- â€¢ Salt to taste
- â€¢ Gingelly / Sesame oil â€“ 2 tbsp.
- â€¢ Peel and roughly chop the onions and tomato. Keep it aside.
- â€¢ Clean and chop the chicken to medium pieces.
- â€¢ Take coconut, fennel seeds, cashew nuts, 3 cloves, 2 cardamom, 2 star anise, 1 cinnamon all together in a blender and grind it to a fine paste by adding water. Keep it aside.
- â€¢ Heat oil in a pressure-cooker, add in the leftover cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise and curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- â€¢ Add in the chopped onions and ginger-garlic paste, cook until the onions turn golden brown.
- â€¢ Add in the tomato and cook until it becomes mushy.
- â€¢ Pour in the ground coconut masala along with 2 tbsps of water (if the masala is runny no need of pouring water) and cook until the raw smell goes off or until it start turning golden brown.
- â€¢ Add in chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and little salt and cook for few mins or until the raw smell goes off.
- â€¢ Add in the chicken pieces along with the required amount of salt and cook for few mins or until the chicken is little cooked.
- â€¢ Pour in 2 cups of water, let it boil and pressure-cook for 1 whistle.
- â€¢ Remove the lid when the pressure subsides and check for the consistency, if its runny keep in medium flame for few mins or until it reaches the curry consistency.
- Serve hot with parotta. Goes out well with parotta and dosa, but itâ€™s perfect with PAROTTA.
"Pohala" fish is a common variety we get in local fish market in Odisha. Usually…
Healthy Carrot Cake With Yogurt Icing
Healthy Carrot Cake With Yogurt IcingA healthy carrot cake with yogurt icing Good for breakfast…
Mango Coconut Thai Dessert
Mango Coconut Dessert is a quick, healthy, vegan and tasty dessert. This is an ideal…
Roasted Chicken Stuffed With Cheese, Mushroom, Broccoli & Spinach Served In White Creamy Sauce And Vegetable Pasta
An extraordinary dish that transforms regular not so liked ingredients into a work of art.…
These Mango Popsicles are mixed with kiwi pieces for a delicious no sugar added fruit…
How To Make Quick And Easy Honey Glazed Almonds
Snacking with Honey Glazed Almonds Food and beverages that we eat in between our regular…
15 Exotic And Easy Non-alcoholic Drinks For Hot Summers
With the hot summer picking up, it’s time to churn ice, squeeze some lemon along with a spoonful of Sugar…
Banana Nutrition Facts, Banana Recipes, Banana Ripening And Much More…
Banana Nutrition Facts, Banana Recipes! A recent belief has cropped up among the “health-conscious” which says that bananas have too…
How to Eat Healthy and Nutritious Food Everyday
Regarding your daily meals, it may be easy to put convenience ahead of health as your lives get increasingly busy,…
Sugar Facts, Not So Sweet…
Sugar Facts! Sugar candies, Ice-creams, Lollipops, chocolates and what not. As a parent how many times have you struggled pulling…
7 Tips To Cut Calories And Lose Weight Without Starving Yourself
Deciding to lose weight can be easy, but losing weight is where it gets complicated. If you’re new to weight…
Foods You Should Never Cook In The Microwave
Foods You Should Never Cook In The Microwave! Microwave ovens are an amazing invention. They can cook foods quickly, making…