Cheesy Spinach And Corn Sandwich
- Spinach 1 bunch or roughly 1Â½ cups when chopped
- Corn kernels Â½ cup
- Processed cheese 3 cubes
- Pepper powder Â½ tsp or to taste
- Bread 8 slices
- Onion 1 large
- Oil 1 tsp
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- Butter 1 tbsp. approximate
- Sugar 1 pinch optional
- Wash Spinach leaves in water thoroughly, drain and dry them on a kitchen towel. When the water is almost drained chop them into ½ inch pieces. The chopped pieces should be about 1½ cups roughly.
- Finely chop the onions. Peel and chop the garlic into thin slices. Heat oil in a pan, add garlic, and let it sizzle for about 30 seconds. Add the onion, add a pinch of salt. Let it cook till onions are translucent.
- Add the spinach, mix well, close lid and cook till spinach is almost cooked. Add some salt and pepper powder, mix well. Add a pinch of sugar to reduce the pungent flavor from spinach. Add the corn, cook for about a minute.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper. The mixture must be slightly bland as the cheese has some salt in it and spinach also tends to get salty soon when the water dries up. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts.
- Grate cheese and divide into 4 equal parts. Apply butter on the bread slices on the outer side, add the filling and grated cheese in between two slices and grill them till crispy in a sandwich maker.
- If you donÃ¢â¬â¢t have a sandwich maker, apply butter to both the sides of the two bread slices, slightly toast one side of the bread on a tawa and flip it add the filling to the toasted side.
- add cheese and cover with another toasted side of bread on the cheese. When the bread slice is toasted on the bottom, carefully flip the whole sandwich and toast the bread slice on top. This way the cheese inside will melt.
- You can use any bread for this sandwich and it will taste equally good.
- Try and use tender spinach leaves for this dish. If the spinach stems are too hard, discard them and use only leaves. The fiber in the stems will make the filling more pungent and stringy to bite.
- The cheese will make the sandwich better, but you can make it without cheese too.
3 Flavored Marble Cake
Gone are the days when we had normal cakes. We can experiment so much with…
Getti Chutney – Restaurant Style Thick Coconut Chutney
Famously known as 'Getti Chutney' in South India, this delectable and flavourful chutney is nothing…
Saffron And Roasted Pumpkin Soup
A delicious and healthy soup smooth like silk prepared with roasted pumpkin flavored with garlic,…
Egg-Less Chocolate Cake
I am pretty sure that this cake will make your day brighter and happier. And…
Korma is a rich spiced gravy made with yogurt, cream, and nut paste. I do…
Gluten Free Pure Semolina Bread (Rice Semolina)
The quest of trying something new made me decide to bake a 100% pure semolina…
5 Easy Ways To Make Cold Brew Coffee
Don’t waste your money on pricey coffee drinks. Learn these 5 easy ways to make cold brew coffee instead. They’re…
Best fruits and vegetables to eat during winters!
Every New Year brings lot of new things, promises, be it a trend, fashion, culture, lifestyle or food. Each one…
Safe and Healthy Cookware: What You Need to Know When Choosing Non-Toxic Pots & Pans
Eat healthy fats, avoid refined sugar, eat your veggies as close to natural as possible, include whole grains in your…
7 Most Important Steps To Write A Recipe
Is writing a recipe for a cookbook or a food blog an easy task? If you say yes, this is…
15 Must-have Baker Tools And Equipment Every Baker Needs
What Baker Tools And Equipment does a baker need? By now you understand the importance of baking at home and…
Discover the Unmatched Benefits of an Ice Maker for Your Home Bar
Convenience, Versatility, and Cost Savings: Unlocking the Benefits of an Ice Maker for Your Home Bar Having a home bar…
No comments yet
Yummy n kid friendly. Surely try
Wow.. It is so tempting bhabhi 🙂 will try it