Cheesy Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
Cheesy Garlic Hassel Back potato is a perfect side dish! These Hasselback Potatoes turns out crispy on outside and tender on the inside, just like thick potato chips. And cutting these potatoes in funky accordion shape makes this dish more interesting, this delicious side dish is sure to delight to everyone.
- Medium-sized Potatoes scrubbed & dried 3
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Butter 3 tablespoon
- Garlic Cloves 2 to 3
- Cheese Slices 3
- Medium-sized Tomato thinly sliced 1
- Green Onion for garnishing
- Pepper as per taste
- Scrub and rinse the potatoes clean. Pat them dry.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees C and line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Cut off a very small part of a potato from one side to form a flat bottom, put the flat side against your cutting board.
- Now slit into the potato, spacing the slices 1/4 inch apart. Donâ€™t cut all the way through. Stop when you just about to reach the bottom, letting the slices stay connected at the bottom. Do the same with the remaining potatoes.
- Melt the butter and oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add 2-3 garlic slices into the butter. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-low heat, or until you can easily smell the fragrance.
- Brush the infused butter mixture all over the potatoes including the bottoms. Sprinkle the potatoes generously with salt and pepper. Place the baking sheet on the lower-middle rack in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the sheet from oven. Use a butter knife to nudge the potato layers. Insert oil-butter infused garlic slices and tomato slices between each layer, leaving the layers separated. Brush the rest of the butter mixture onto the potatoes.
- Now bake for another 20 minutes. Take out the baking sheet from the oven and carefully insert cheese slices in the remaining layers. Bake for another 15 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Once the cheese gets melt, remove the baking sheet from oven, garnish the potato with green onions and grated cheese and serve immediately.
No comments yet
Omg looks amazing