Cheese And Carom Breadsticks
Enjoy the magic of cheese and carom seeds in the breadsticks. We often bake a big batch of Cheese and Carom Breadsticks and enjoy with hot soup. We love to have them with tea also. Kids eat them as snacks and we also bake them for journeys. You may also enjoy with a dip of your choice.
- In a large bowl or plate, whisk together first three ingredients. Add oil and cheese and mix well. Add carom seeds.
- Add sugar to warm water. Stir to dissolve. Add yeast. Mix, cover and keep for 5 minutes. The mixture should foam.
- Add yeasted water to flour mix. Knead for 5 -8 minutes till you get a very soft and smooth dough.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl. Turn around so that it is evenly coated with oil. Keep for 1 hour or until doubled.
- In the last 15 minutes of rising, preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line one baking tray with the parchment sheet.
- Punch the dough and roll out small pieces of dough into thin sticks (about ¼ inch thick) Place the breadsticks on the tray keeping some gap between them.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Turn the tray for even browning of the breadsticks.
- Cool and serve. Store in an airtight container.
You may add dried herbs for a different flavour.