A chocolate cookie with brownie qualities. It is soft chewy. It is a hybrid desert. Here replaced the maida with whole wheat flour. Its an eggless version.
- 75 gms whole wheat flour
- 15 gms cocoa powder
- 50 gms unsalted butter at room temperature
- 75 gms brown sugar
- Â½ tsf baking soda
- Â¼ tsf baking powder
- 1 tsf vanilla essence
- Â¼ tsf salt omit if using salted butter
- 2-3 tbsf milk to bind the dough
- 1 tbsf dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper Sieve together flour cocoa powder, baking soda, baking soda.
- Cream butter and brown sugar, till smooth. Add vanilla essence,and mix. Add flour mix and form a dough. Add milk as required to make a dough. it will be a sticky dough. Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- Make balls of the dough, and flatten slightly with the palms. Place the balls on parchment lined baking tray, keeping a distance in between(as they tend to spread while baking). Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on each ball.
- Bake at 180 degrees for10-15 miutes. They will look a bit soft,but its ok. Cool them completely, they will become little crispier. Enjoy your brookie with evening tea/ coffee.