Barley has lots of Neutrogena and gourd has lots of calcium. That's why i thought let me try with green vegetables. So I bought gourd and cooked. Oh my God it was so delicious and I feel myself light fresh and healthy.
Ingredients & Quantity
- 250 gms gourd
- 7-8 mooing badi
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp barley
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
Post Fusion Recipes from 27th Mar to 02nd Apr 2017 and win a Recipe book worth INR 995/- authored by Celebrity Chef Shazia Khan and an Amazon gift voucher worth INR 250/-
'Recipe theme of the week'
How to cook?
- Gourd skin should be peal out and cut into small cubes
- Now boil gourd with barley. When gourd will become soft off the flame.
- Heat oil to fry badi and keep aside.
- Add oil cumin seeds, ginger paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder tomato paste and stir till brown.
- Add boiled gourd with barley and mix. Now add curry powder and salt. Cook 2 minutes.
- Crush fried badi and add. Then add ghee and mix again for a few seconds.
- Now garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Due to barley it shows thicken and smoothy texture