Bitter Gourd Pickle
Here I made a instant pickle of bitter gourd by using cloves in the masala. Clove oil is made by olive oil and cloves. To giving a same effect I added whole cloves into the olive oil.
- 500 gm bitter gourd
- 2 tbsp five spices masala
- 2 tbsp roasted coriander powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- ½ tsp jaggery powder
- 12 to 15 whole cloves
- Wash and slice the bitter gourd in a circular motion. Then make them par boil for a few minutes. Spread a muslin cloth and dry the par boiled bitter gourd in shadow.
- Now heat a pan add olive oil and whole cloves. Stir a few seconds add bitter gourd, turmeric powder, chilli powder, five spices masala, coriander powder, jaggery powder, salt and mango powder.
- Gently stir all ingredients and mix together then serve after two hours.