Beetroot And Red Beans Croquettes (Vegan)
Croquettes are one of the most sought after snacks. And why not when you have that crisp crunchy exterior and a melt in the mouth canter. They are amazingly versatile and surprisingly easy to prepare.
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 1 small potato
- 1 cup boiled red beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 tsp toasted coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp toasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Poppy seeds for coating
- 2 tsp canola oil
- Boil the beetroot and potato. Peel and transfer to a mixing bowl. Finely chop the onion and green chili.
- Add the boiled beans along with the chopped onion, green chili and powdered spices to the mixing bowl. Mash everything together.
- Divide the mix into 8 portions and shape each portion into a disc or any shape of your liking.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a plate. Gently roll the discs over the poppy seeds to coat them on both sides.
- Heat a non stick skillet. Drizzle the oil over it.
- Place the coated discs on the smoking skillet and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot.