The thick and spicy ragda made with dried white peas and boiled potatoes is a key for making tempting ragda patties, ragda samosa and ragda.
- 1 cup dried white peas
- 2 potatoes boiled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice
- Chat masala for sprinkle
- 1 inch ginger crushed
- 4 garlic pods crushed
- Some chopped coriander leaves
- Some Lemon slices
- Wash n soak dried white peas in 3 cups water for overnight.
- Drain water from soaked peas, add 2cups fresh water in pressure cooker with salt, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and lemon juice. Mix all ingredients n pressure cook till ragda done.
- Takeout ginger pieces n garlic pods from it. Mashed 2 to 3 tablespoons ragda for thick gravy.
- Take 4 potatoes slices in plate. Add ladleful ragda in plate.
- Sprinkle a pinch of red chili powder, chat masala powder, coriander leaves and slice of lemon.
- Batata tagda is ready to serve. Serve this hot.
U can also add chopped onion, green chutney n sweet chutney in final plating.