Barley Potato And Green Peas Pulao
From last few years, a trend has been observed that people are turning vegetarian and incorporating fresh and organic products in their daily nutritious requirements. Whole grains and fiber are rich food are finding a quick way in once's breakfast, lunch and dinner. These kind of foods are beneficial in protecting against Diseases such as diabetics, high blood pressure, obesity another related problems. Recently i got the opportunity by #plattershare to use and benefits from #Goindiaorgenic products. I got a 250 gram packets of barley grain Japaneses #hakabuku Oo mugi barley grain which is now easily available in India also. #Hakabuku is the Japanese name for barley which resemble white color of rice. This barley is much more nutritious then rice or wheat grains. Many more recipes can be easily made using this highly nutritious barley grains. I made potato and peas pulao by using this healthy and nutrias Oo mugi barley grains-
- 1 cup Oomugi barley grains
- 2 tbsp green peas
- 1 large potato
- cloves 2 nos
- sliced onion 2 tbsp
- black peppercorn 4 nos
- green cardamom 2 nos
- chopped green chili 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- soaked dry whole red chili 1 no.
- olive oil 2 tbsp
- wash the barley the soak for 4 to 5 hours.
- peel, wash cut potatoes in small deices
- heat the oil in a pan crackle the cumin seeds and saute the cardamom, black pepper, clove and red chili.
- now fry the onion and green chili . add potato and peas stir 2 minutes then add soaked barley add 2 cup water cover and cook it for 10 minutes on sim.
- switch of the gas serve hot with curd and salad.