Badshahi Tukda (Bread)
It is creamy smoothie and crispy. Once I went to my friend's birthday, where I found this recipe very interesting. My friend told this recipe made by her mom. Then I made it a point I would ask her mom to teach me the recipe. She made the syrup with regular sugar. but I have given a new touch with coconut sugar.
- 6 slices of bread
- 1 cup coconut sugar syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 6 piece cashew nut
- 2 tsp rose water
- Ghee for shallow fry
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- Take bread slice and cut in a round shape with the help of sharp bowl.
- Make sugar syrup with 4 tsp regular sugar and 4 tsp coconut sugar. Syrup consistency should be medium means not so thin or not so thick. Add rose water and let it cool.
- Now heat a frying pan, add ghee and shallow fry all the bread pieces.
- Then dip immediately one by one bread and take out at the same time.
- Spread in a plate and apply cream on the shahi tukda.
- Garnish with cashew nut and spray coconut sugar
- Coconut sugar syrup means which we get from GoIndiaOrganic. Now it available in market also.
Make sure that either sugar syrup will be cool or fried bread will be hot. Both should not be cool or should not be hot. There will be osmosis action. So bread slice will remain crispy.