Arbi is a family of root vegetables. Leaves also eatable. Arbi has lot of nutrients which includes magnesium, iron, fibres, potassium, manganese, zinc, copper and phosphorus. It has a good power of antioxidant. I made the recipe just like a snacks which is called Arbi tikki. Though it is shallow fried but it is crispy.
- 250 gm Arbi
- 3 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp homemade garam masala
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- Wash and boil the arbi then boil to make it soft.
- Take a plate add cornflower, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and salt.. mix all these dry spices.
- Peal off the boiled arbi then press with both palm. Now rub both sides with the mixed dry spices. In this stage it can be kept in fridge, when you need take out any shallow fry.
- Shallow fry with little oil. Both sides should be crispy. Serve with lemon slice and green chillies. It can be served during fast.