Arbi Tikki (colocasia)
Arbi tikki (colocasia) There are so many names of these roots. Taro roots arbi, colocasia, ghunya, kochu, gaanti kochu chara kochu. It is an excellent source of good fibre and good carbohydrates. It improves the digestive system and helps to maintain a healthy immune system. Some people try to avoid the vegetable. Here I made the recipe shallow fried in tikki form served with homemade mango sauce.
- 250 gm arbi boiled
- 1 tbsp chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp boiled chana
- 2 tbsp oat
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Sesame oil
- Boil the Arbi peel off and mash. Take a mixing bowl add one by one all ingredients.
- Mashed arbi, green chillies, boiled chana, oat, gram flour, peanuts grated coconut, roasted cumin powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste.
- Mix all together take handful and coat with oat after then shallow fry. Both sides should be crispy. Serve with any sauce.