Anda Aloo Jhola – A Typical Odia Preparation For The Wednesday Lunch
Egg Curry cooked in Typical Oriya Style.
- Boiled Eggs 3 or 4
- Boiled and Peeled Potatoes 2
- Onions 1 big grated
- Tomato 3 pureed
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Green Chili 1 finely chopped
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tbsp
- Kasuri Methi 1 tsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- 1 tbsp panch photan
- Heat ½ tsp oil and fry potatoes in a non stick pan till it turns golden yellow. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in same pan. Add boiled eggs and cook till it turns golden brown.Drain and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil. Add all the seeds mentioned above. Add ginger garlic paste, grated onion and cook till onion turns brown.
- Add pureed tomato and cook till the raw smell is gone. Add all powdered spices.Cook for 3 -4 minutes.
- Add 2 glass of water and bring it to boil.As water gets reduced by almost half, add half cooked potatoes.Cook till potato is well cooked.
- Add salt to taste, boiled eggs and cook for 2 minutes more.Your egg curry is ready to be served.
No comments yet
Hey soma…nice recipe. Can you share the recipe of panch poran too.