Aloo Paratha | Punjabi Aloo Paratha
PARATHA! Reminds me the only Gali Parathe Wali in Chandni Chowk is known for its Parathas..!! So here is the recipe of Aloo Paratha, which is the best street food all over India. Do try and share your feedback.
- For Dough:
- Whole Wheat Flour / Atta â€“ 1 Â¼ cup
- Salt â€“ Â½ tsp
- Oil â€“ 1 tsp
- Yogurt / Curd / Dahi â€“ 1 Â½ tsp
- Water - as required for kneading
- â€¢ Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee â€“ as required for roasting
- For Stuffing:
- Boiled & Mashed Potatoes â€“ 3 small
- Chopped Green Chillies â€“ 1 tsp
- Grated Ginger â€“ 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Haldi â€“ Â½ tsp
- Dry Mango Powder / Amchur â€“ Â½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Rai â€“ Â½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeera â€“ Â½ tsp
- Asafetida / Hing â€“ Â¼ tsp
- Salt â€“ Â½ tsp
- Oil â€“ 4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves â€“ as required
- In mixing bowl, add 1 ¼ cup of Whole Wheat flour (Atta), ½ tsp of Salt, 1 tsp of Oil and 1 ½ tsp of Yogurt (Dahi).
- Mix it well and add Water as required to knead the soft dough.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 20 min.
- In a preheated pan, take 4 tsp of Oil to that add ½ tsp of Mustard Seeds, ½ tsp of Cumin Seeds, ¼ tsp of Hing, 1 tsp of grated Ginger and 1 tsp of finely chopped Green Chillies.
- Then add boiled and mashed Potatoes followed by ½ tsp of Turmeric Powder, ½ tsp of Amchur Powder and ½ tsp of salt, mix well and Potato stuffing is now ready.
- After 20 Min, knead the dough again for more 2 Min by dusting dry flour over it, take two small portion of the dough and start to roll 3 inch two round Puris.
- Add stuffing approximately 1 ½ tsp on one Puri, press nicely all over the Puri and place the second Puri over it, seal the edges, and press gently as shown in the video.
- Now with the help of dry flour start rolling into round 5 to 6 inch Paratha.
- Put Paratha on preheated tawa and roast it with 2 tsp of Ghee from both the sides on medium flame.
- If required with the help of masher slightly press the Paratha and roast from both the sides.
- In a similar way, make all the Aloo Parathas and garnish with butter and serve hot with Yogurt (Dahi).
If the dough gets little sticky and rolling has a problem it is good to add some amount of dry flour to the dough to make it soft and pliable. While roasting you can use Oil also in place of Ghee.
No comments yet
All time fav