Aloo Aon / Potato Curry With Veggies
Aloo Aon is a traditional recipe of Nagaland. Aloo means potato and Aon means dish. It is a stew/ gravy made of potato and vegetables. Dry fish and smoked meats like pork and beef are added to the gravy . Here in this recipe I have added dry fish. One can always opt the dry fish or meat and make a vegetarian version which we also do at times. This is a zero oil dish. A scrumptious and healthy dish. We have it with pipping hot steam rice.
- 3 Potato medium size
- 8-10 Green Chilly big ones or as per your heat preference
- 2 Tomato medium
- 1 cup Brinjal cut in wedges
- 1 cup Flat beans
- 2 Dry Fish
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Peel the potato and cut into four. Then add the potato, green chilies and tomato and the dry fish in a pot.
- Add Salt and water above the level of the ingredients. Cover with lid and bring it to boil in medium flame.
- Cook for 5-10 mins and then take out all the ingredients for mashing.
- Then add the beans and the bringal and cook it with the lid open.
- While the veggies are cooking mash the potato, tomato, chillies and the dry fish and then add it back to the gravy and continue to cook till the veggies is cooked.
- Check the salt and add it if required and also the gravy consistency. It should be semi thick.
- You can put green leafy veggies also.
- You can keep some chunks of dry fish un-mashed and have it along with your rice and gravy.
Calories: 243 kcal | Carbohydrates: 56 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0.1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.04 g | Cholesterol: 0.3 mg | Sodium: 422 mg | Potassium: 1322 mg | Fiber: 13 g | Sugar: 11 g | Vitamin A: 1238 IU | Vitamin C: 78 mg | Calcium: 65 mg | Iron: 3 mg
Fried Brown Rice
A delicious easy to make dish when you are feeling too lazy to cook
Honey Healthy Banana Bread With Flax meal
Healthy Banana Bread: A warm Banana Bread is what you need for breakfast, full of…
Karachi Biscuit (eggless)
Bejewelled, aromatic and delicious festive cookies is how I can best describe these Indian bakery-style,…
Apple Cinnamon Tea
Apple cinnamon Tea or Apple cinnamon iced tea, a flavorful refreshing tea recipe to drink…
Whole Wheat Healthy Banana Bread Dessert
Healthy Banana Bread: My favorite fruit is Banana as Banana is not everyone's choice of…
Simple Alfredo sauce is perfect for Fettuccine pasta. So buttery and creamy and easy to…
16 kitchen tricks to make everyday life easier
Enhance your daily kitchen routine with these 16 practical kitchen tricks that make everyday life easier. From sharpening knives to…
5 Benefits of using Castor Oil
Benefits of using Castor Oil? Castor oil has been used for centuries for its numerous health and beauty benefits. It…
Magical Benefits Of Baking Soda which will make you fall in love with it
Most of us have, at any given time, at least one box of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) in our pantry…
11 Plant Based High Protein foods including vegetables for vegetarians
Plant Based High Protein foods! Every vegetarian and vegan is tired of their non-vegetarian friends mocking them about how their…
Gluten Free Diet – Is It Really For Everyone?
Gluten Free Diet have been one of the most sought after food variety in the recent times. So what are…
5 Grilling Tips With Charcoal or Gas Grill This Summer
Grilling Tips With Charcoal or Gas Grill! Summer is the much-awaited time of the year. With holidays around the corner…