After Bath Medicine For Baby (Ura Marundu)
"Ora (ura) marundu" a traditional medicine is given to babies from 60 days till 2 years on every alternative days or whenever the baby is given head bath.It is believed that baby will not get cough, cold, stomach upset, constipation and faster speech. We got all the ingredients from Chennai from a shop which sells all country drugs and it should available in such shops through out India.
- 1 Turmeric
- 1 Myrobalan Kadukaai
- 1 Dry ginger Sukku
- 1 Sweet flag Vasambu
- 1 Nutmeg Jathikai
- 1 Bluejack Dried Masikai
- 1 Ora kal Stone which is used to prepare the medicine
- Method for storing :Wash all the ingredients. Boil them with milk in pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Sun dry them for one week and Store it in an air tight container
- Wet the stone with clean water. Put 3 -4 drops of water on the stone.
- Take each herb , dip it in the water and scratch it on the stone surface for around 20 times.
- Repeat this for all the herbs
- Collect all the mixture into a small cup and give the final mixture to the baby.
- These herbs can be stored for more than 2 yrs if properly maintained.
- The herb can be scratched more than 20 times based on the needs of the baby.
- Tumeric - antiseptic
- Kadukaai - Free bowel movement
- Sukku -To avoid cough and cold
- Vasambu - Also called as "sweet flag" gives good hunger to kids and increases the immunity power for kids.
- Jathikai -Helps the baby get good sleep
- Maasi kai - Prevents the tongue from getting white. It is believed that babies can talk faster
- Ora kal - Stone which is used to prepare the medicine
Buy on Amazon
Calories: 51 kcal | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Protein: 1 g | Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1 g | Sodium: 4 mg | Potassium: 177 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 5 IU | Vitamin C: 0.4 mg | Calcium: 18 mg | Iron: 3 mg