- http://www.chennairains.info check this website for live updates, rescue efforts (food and shelter) and helpline numbers.
- A team from Bangalore is going to be shuttling between Bangalore and Chennai for the next couple of days. They are collecting following items:
- Durable food items (biscuits, noodles, milk packets, glucose, cereals, etc)
- Cooked food (Pulao, chappati, etc)
- Charged Power Banks
- Mosquito repellants
- Sanitary Napkins, Diapers
- Raincoats and Umbrellas
- If anyone is willing to donate any of the following, please get in touch with a person closest to your area:
- Indiranagar – 8147558586 (Ram)
- Madiwala -8050774325 (Siva)
- Banashankari -9686201131 (Swati)
- Whitefield – 7760423660 (Nishavita)
- Shanti Nagar – 9886359662 (Benjamin)
- Marathahalli – 9940350912 (Astha)
- Frazer Town/Banaswadi/Hennur/Kamanahalli – 7829382868 (Aishwarya)
- Sam Paul has been arranging rescue and relief efforts for Chennai Rains. Please call 9940040199, 9884554553, and 9884131162.
- Double Roti –in Chennai is distributing Food to the needy. Please call 098113 37803.
- SnackExperts are providing accommodation to stranded people in and around Anna Nagar, Ambattur, Mogappair, Koratttur for around 10 people. Call 098113 37803
- People who are stuck near Valasaravakkam, Megamart area, pls contact Vignesh Mailappan at +918122829693.
- People who are stuck near Camp Road areas can contact Bala- +918056096733.
- People who are stuck near Keezhkattalai area can contact Santha- +919042122271.
- People who are stuck near Tambaram area can contact Prasanna – 9994816896
- People who are stuck near Mogapair areas can contact aswin – 7299518047
- People who are stuck near Pallikaranai, Narayanapuram areas can contact Gayathri – 8220738092
- Anyone stuck in Annanagar, Arumbakkam, Aminjikarai, Mmda colony, Choolaimadu or any other area are welcome to my house, please be my guest. Can pick up people from Nungambakkan station, Arumbakkam metro station or Anna Arch. No restriction on no as i have lots of Mats to sleep, power for essential and enough food, Brijesh – 9962400760
Update : SRM University is accommodating ppl in their buildings. Whoever is stranded in GST, can go there.
Local drop-off points in Bengaluru
Materials required: Power banks, torches, blankets, drinking water, sanitary napkins. Collection centres active till Sunday, 6th Dec. Resources are being sent across on a daily basis.
1) Youth for Seva Bangalore Chapter
‘Jnanagiri’, # 75/76, 4th Cross, 2nd Main, Soudamini Layout, Konanakunte
Contact: Mahesh 9916111526/ 9900143039
2) Aashraya Seva Trust
No.135, 1st A Block, Dr.Rajkumar Road, Rajajinagar
Landmark: Navrang theatre
Contact: Rani 9845909777
3) Anatha Shishu Nivasa
Opp. BMS College of Engineering, Bull temple Road, Basavanagudi
No 15, GR Layout, Cholanayakanahalli, near Rajiv Gandhi Dental College, RT Nagar
Contact: Satya 9845670626/ 080-65714616
5) Seva in Action
# 36, S.T Bed layout, I Main, Koramangala
Contact Kalavati: 9845437150
Saturday and Sunday: 4-6PM
B4/G1 Ganga Chelston
Behind Yashomati Hospital
Silver Spring Road, Marathahalli
Alpine Eco Apartment
Landmark: Near Rainbow Children hospital
F-51, Tunga, Goodwill apartments
Chandra layout, Vijayanagar
Also, hiring boats is costing us 12k per day. You could donate for this or any of the above in cash.
Account details for Cash donations:
Andhra Bank, Chetpet branch, Chennai
Income Tax 80G exemption for all donations. Please send a mail to email@example.com post your donation.