Summer holidays are on and so are our vacation trips. Now is the time to go out for family trips. You have already packed your bags and shopped with your family to spend coming days with your relatives or at some exotic location. Like your dresses, you must plan well for edible products so that you are not pumping in calories only, but eating only in line with your body needs. Let us go through the following tips to keep you well-nourished during the road journey:
1. Eat before you Leave: Don’t wait till the last moment that you will have your meal at roadside highway dhabas. Though many highway dhabas are a destination in itself, and an important part of the road trip, if you are leaving from home, it is best to have proper intake with all correct combos of diet and nutrients for your body. For that there is no better place than your home. So instead of junking in any stuff, go out with belly having your preferred, tasty and less calorie meals.
2. Pack healthy snacks: Now you are on the highway or in a train or on a flight. Keeping your healthy snacks with you will not only save you money but also will give you the most suitable intake. Your selection of nuts and fruits will not only keep your sugar at right levels but will also give you enough energy to withstand every demand. If you can keep vegetables pre-cooked in air-tight containers, you have good chance of avoiding junk food. Try keeping a bag of almonds and cashewnuts for munching in a healthy manner.
3. Stay Hydrated: This is very important as during road journeys we tend to get dehydrated very often. So ensure that you are drinking enough water. During in-flight mode as well you must keep drinking enough water, as now a days airlines have become miser in distributing free water bottles also and water quality and availability on trains is questionable. Don’t go for aerated drinks as they temporarily raise sugar level and then deplete the same at a faster level, best is to avoid them totally. If you are on an outstation taxi
4. Nourish your self: Remember that you must be having intake of proper nutrients, one should not be compromising with anything available during this period. You know your body is under extreme attack of germs during summers and outside your home, level of exposure gets multiplied. So don’t take risk. Spare enough time for eating as well. Plan for this and it will help you. Add about half an hour to your taxi travel time and tell your driver to stop at hygienic places only.
5. Eat light and fresh food: Wow, you planned to skip lunch and want to stuff yourself during dinner or breakfast to save time, so that you can visit more places. Such compromises can only damage your system and you may feel nauseating with headache occurring ofter. Have all meals even if you want to keep them light is fine.
6. Be Vegetarian: This is the time, may be it is bit difficult for you but “go green” could save you lots of troubles. Non-veg food during summers run through high risk of contamination and attracts lot of microorganisms if not treated properly. Hence best strategy is to eat more fresh vegetables cooked properly. Green salads with lots of raita and freshly prepared vegetables should be part of your diet plan.
So go and enjoy your vacation with summer friendly cottons, chinos and shorts and with your goggles don’t forget to jump into swimming pool moment you get a chance. Lot of fresh juices also on the pool will make you extremely photogenic to impress your dear ones with great selfies! Hope you will remember AHA Taxis and our tips to eat healthy while traveling in summer holidays.