We all must have tasted sweet Dalia (porridge)… But how many of you have tasted this new remodeled vegetable Dalia which is prepared like pulaao… I mean I was really surprised to know that Dalia can be cooked in a different way too… Delicious to eat and a great filling food for those who are watching their diet.. Yes.. Very healthy and tasty dish not to be missed… I am writing this for all my friends who keep asking me the recipe every time they eat the vegetable Dalia…
Its really easy and not very time consuming.. I prepare it very often for two reasons… One I am in love with this dish and another it’s healthy and quick to prepare… One needs these ingredients to prepare Dalia.
Ingredients for Remodeled Dalia (Porridge)
- 2 Cups Roasted Dalia
- Vegetables Like Carrot, cauliflower, capsicum, onion, tomato chopped into cubes
- 250 gm Peas
- Jeera (Cumin Seed)
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Salt to Taste
- 3 Green Chillies
- 2tbsp Cooking Oil
Step to make Remodeled Dalia (Porridge)
- When you are done with the preparations start by heating up the oil in pressure cooker, add hing, jeera and Onion.
- Few minutes later, add all the vegetables and sauté them for five mins.
- Add Salt and Roasted Dalia to the vegetables and cook it for a few more mins.
- Now Add Water i.e. 5 times the quantity of Dalia and place the lid over the cooker.
- Let it whistle once and cook it for 5-7 more minutes on a low flame.
- Guess What?? Your healthy vegetable Dalia is ready…
- Put Amul Butter over it while serving.. and enjoy having lots of it..
I am completely bowled over by this and I can have it everyday in my meal.. Now you can very well go to your kitchen and start experimenting.. EnjoY.. !!