Around the world, Pancake is the most commonly eaten dish for breakfast (though it can be eaten at any time of the day), majorly in west. This simple dish is so common and famous that it is cooked in every house in west with bit of secrecy followed in its ingredients. And have uncountable food chains dedicated to this culinary only. It is not only delicious but also full of protein and that is the biggest reason that it is still followed religiously in Western Europe. In India it is called as Pooda or (Chilla). It is very crispy if eaten immediately.
Other than following the basic ingredient, this dish has got so many flavors and looks. It varies from the typical flour, cream and egg mixture on pan to different exciting topping or fillings in different sizes. Therefore this one dish is never out of its touch, if you had it once you will end up having it always. I can surely bet on that…. 🙂 One of the reasons of its popularity is that it does not follow one taste, it can be served with the touch of fruit and sugar or with the pinch of salt and butter, both.
You must be wondering that since this dish is very popular it must contain very expensive and rare ingredients but it’s not like that, in fact it can be cooked very easily without any hassle. So here comes the basic ingredients required for it along with its recipe.
Time Taken: 20 mins.
Ingredients required are:
- Flour: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Milk: 1/4 cup milk
- Baking Powder: 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Butter: 3 teaspoons butter, melted
- Eggs: 1-2
- Salt: 1 teaspoon salt
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Take a large bowl and mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. and then once it is mixed well enough, pour the milk, egg and melted butter in the mixture. And mix it further for another minute till you get a smooth paste.
- Take a frying pan and put light oil over medium heat. Then pour a scoop (1/4 cup) the batter onto the griddle. Then brown it on both sides and serve hot.
- You can use chocolate, butter or any homemade sauce for topping and giving different flavors.
In countries like Canada, Australia, U.K., Ireland and New Zealand etc, pancakes are traditionally eaten on Shrove Tuesday as it is a pancake day. So what are you waiting for just try it out and become the part of the people who knows how to fancy their food.