How To Smoke Ribs – Simple Steps
If you are thinking of smoking ribs at your home, then here are some tips for you which help you to smoke ribs.
- First, you have to select the ribs for smoking, there are three different cuts to choose from: baby backs, spare ribs, and St. Louis spare ribs. In case you want to more tender ribs then you should prefer baby back ribs.
- After choosing your choice of rack of ribs, you have to flip them over and you will notice a shiny thin layer of the membrane covering the bones, it will make ribs chewable after cooked. In case you want to remove bones from your ribs then you should take a knife and slide the same between the bone and the membrane in one corner of the ribs racks and then using your fingers pull the rib bones with a paper towel.
- You then have to season the ribs rack. You can simply sprinkle some searing and add some yellow mustard as it will help to add more flavor to the ribs and make them more tender.
- Once you have completed the above you are now required to marinate the ribs. For this, you will have to tightly wrap them in plastic and refrigerate them for minimum 8 hours so that the mustard and the seasoning penetrate the meal.
- Now, it’s time to grill the ribs. It is very important that your smoker is at the correct temperature. You can then unwrap the ribs and then re-season the ribs.
- You can also choose any grill for cooking ribs you can use charcoal grill which uses Lump charcoal made from hardwood for cooking the ribs. In case you want to create a smoky environment, you can place apple juice or some water underneath your food.
- As said it is very important to cook your ribs at the right temperature generally the correct temperature is 250-degree Fahrenheit.
- It is also important to know the time involved in cooking the rib-like baby back ribs are to be cooked for approximate 4 hours and Louis cut ribs for approximate 5 hours.
- It is also important to keep the smoke wood at a moderate level as too much smoke will empower the taste of your food. You can use uses Lump charcoal made from hardwood for the perfect amount of smoke while cooking ribs.
- It is to keep in mind that the ribs are better cooked when are cooked using the low and slow cooking method. It is very important to keep the ribs wrap so that the ribs are tender as well as maintain its color. You can also wrap the ribs using a heavy-duty aluminum foil and can add flavor enhancers and then loosely wrap the ribs, so the steam can escape the wrap.
- While cooking ribs its is very important to add the perfect flavor enhancers. You can use apple juice, grape juice, also cola for deep flavor and tender ribs.
- It is also important to add the perfect sauce if you want. You have the choice either to add sauce or not. If you want, you can add the Sause during last few minutes of cooking, so it sets on the ribs. You can simply remove the ribs from the smoker, then open the wrapping and allow the liquid inside to drain out and then you can brush the sauce on both the sides of the rib. You can then place the ribs on the smoker and cook the same for 15 minutes and then remove the ribs from smoker wait for 5 minutes and then apply a thin layer of sauce on the ribs and then serve them for eating.