Many of us always struggle with the uneven baked cake sometimes its burn or remain uncooked, sometimes it peaked or sunken, sometimes cake become too dry and you get a badly cracked top it’s all because of not using the right quantities of ingredients. If you do not use accurate quantities of ingredients then you will not get a perfect cake.
Here we are with some Useful tips to bake a perfect cake that might help you to get perfect moist and a delicious cake like you always want.
- Never use too cold or too hot ingredients to prepare cake mixture. Have all ingredients at room temperature for best results.
- Always measure or weigh the quantities accurately, do not put ingredients without measuring. Use measuring scale or measuring cups to measure the ingredients.
- Use the correct size cake tin. Too small or too big cake tin will not give you desired results. It should be in required size. Fill the cake tin only half to two-thirds full of batter, leaving enough space to raise the cake.
- It’s very important to prepare cake tin before adding the cake mix into it for baking. Grease the tin lightly and dust with flour so that cake can comes out easily from the tin. For the cakes required long baking grease tin and then line with butter paper/greased brown paper. For loose bottom tin, line it with greased butter or brown paper to prevent the batter from leaking. For sponge cakes only grease the tin lightly and dust with flour no paper is lining is required or else the cake will have moist, crust less appearance.
- It’s not a good idea to beat the batter after the flour has been added or finished cake will turn out heavy. If the cake batter appears too thick even though you add all the ingredients carefully in right amount as mentioned in recipes in such cases add 2 to 4 tablespoon milk to make the batter softer.
- Most of the cakes recipes come with the required temperature to bake the perfect cake, always follow up the instructions. Place the tin in the centre of the oven so that hot air can circulate around it.
- If you are going to bake a fruit cake then mix fruit with little flour before adding to cake mixture this will prevent the fruits to avoid sunk to the bottom. Never add the fruits before adding the flour.
- Before removing the cake from oven insert a toothpick or cake tester in it if it comes out clean then your cake is ready to remove from the oven.
- When cakes removed from the oven, wait for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from tin. If the cake required icing wait until it has cooled to room temperature before decorating. Use dry clean utensils for icing, always sieve icing sugar, add flavor delicately and avoid strong coloring.