With so many types of cookies out there, how to choose? We all love cookies, and we can’t deny we have our favorites. Well, one of my favorites is the crunchy salted almond chocolate and hazelnut cookies I’m sharing with you today.
The name says it all; you get almonds and hazelnuts, chocolate and a pinch of salt, all within a crunchy bite! Let me tell you, these crackly cookies are beautiful father’s day treats, as they really show how much you care! And here’s a secret, these are reasonably easy to make, so that’s a win-win in my books. Here’s what you need to know.
What Goes into Salted Almond Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies?
To make these wonderful cookies and my secret father’s day gifts, you’ll need several staple ingredients I’m sure you already have at home. For starters, have in hand plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; that’s the easy part.
You’ll also need unsalted butter, a large egg, almond extract and chopped hazelnuts, and here’s where things get exciting, get crunchy salted almond chocolate (my secret ingredient).
Together, these apparently straightforward ingredients become the crackliest, most flavourful and nutty cookies ever. The best part? They’re ready in less than an hour, and they taste like you spend much more time than that.
What Does Salted Almond Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies Taste Like?
Sure, by the name alone, you probably know these cookies are pretty tasty, but what can you really expect from biting one of these?
Close your eyes and let me tell you what you’ll get from every bite of these pretty cookies. The cookie base is crunchy but buttery, and you can taste the almond extract in the back palate. The chopped hazelnuts add a crunch but also an oily, nutty taste that’s irresistible!
The chocolate, though, is the predominant flavour in these cookies, and it’s terrific, mainly because it’s balanced by the slightest saltiness. No, these aren’t your average cookies; they’re comforting yet sophisticated and make you want to make a bunch of them!
What to Serve With Salted Almond Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies?
These nutty cookies are the perfect father’s day gifts, as their crunchy texture and delectable flavour make you want to share them with your significant other. They really are loveable and are best served on memorable occasions.
Serve these cookies with a caramel macchiato or any other sweet and creamy drink, as almonds and hazelnuts are deliciously compatible with caramel, brown spices and chocolate. Even a small glass of coffee liqueur or hazelnut liqueur shine with these cookies, making them a decadent last course after a romantic, dim-lit dinner. Make a large batch of these cookies and give them as gifts. Don’t forget to make some for you as well; you deserve them!
The Perfect Father’s Day Cookies
What I like the most about these cookies is that there’s plenty of room for customization. Coat the cookies in a thick layer of dark chocolate for an entirely new experience or crush them and add them to a milkshake — they’re impressive cake toppers as well! Of course, these cookies shine best in a nice little box as gifts.
Store-bough cookies might be convenient, but there’s nothing like homemade baking treats to infuse them with your most heartfelt feelings. father’s day is all about opening your heart, and what better way than with almond and hazelnut cookies from your own kitchen? These cookies are for you if you want to impress someone, so go ahead! Let’s make some cookies!
How to Store Salted Almond Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies?
Before we see the recipe in detail, allow me to tell you about the proper storage and handling for these treats.
These cookies have a pretty long shelf-life. Stored in an air-tight container, they stay in perfect shape for up to three days, and you can still enjoy them after a week, but like all cookies, they get a bit harder.
Fresh out of the oven, these cookies are crumbly but soft, even fudgy. If you want to give these as a gift, make sure you make them the day before and pack them nicely in an air-tight container. Your significant other will surely appreciate such lovely cookies!
Crunchy Salted Almond Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies Recipe
- 250g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter
- 250g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 40g chopped hazelnuts
- 165g Lily O’Brien’s Crunchy Salted Almond Chocolate (2 share bags will be enough with some leftover to snack on)
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set to one side.
- Using a stand mixer, place the butter and sugar into the bowl and beat on medium-high speed for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix in the egg until thoroughly combined, then add in the almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients to your mixture at a low speed until just incorporated and a dough forms.
- Cover your bowl in a layer of plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for around 20-30 minutes until it’s firm enough to handle.
- Preheat your oven to 190C / 170C Fan and line two baking trays with baking parchment. Place your chopped hazelnuts on a small plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a small spoon, scoop out two equal portions of dough for each cookie. Roll the dough between your palms to create a small ball, then flatten slightly into a disc shape.
- Press one Lily O’Brien’s chocolate into the center of one disc of cookie dough, then add the second piece of dough on top, sealing around the edges, so no chocolate is visible.
- Dip the top of each filled cookie into the chopped hazelnuts and place them onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Continue with the remaining dough, leaving 3-4 inches around each dough ball on the baking tray as these will spread quite a lot once baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden and the edges are just beginning to brown.
Leave your cookies to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. These will keep well in an air-tight container for three days.
Soaked almonds and its benefits! We all know that Almonds are loaded with nutrition. You find this nut everywhere. Almonds…
Lunchboxes are not as popular as they used to be. Nowadays, most office employees tend to buy food on the…
Welcome, New Year!! You must be thinking about New Year’s Eve nibbles and what should you cook today to celebrate…
Quite interesting, but this topic has always been intriguing to me, since eating habits with hands is normally found mostly…
5 Best Red Wines? The human mind always has an affinity for all things mysterious, like wine and the stock market. It’s…
Ever wondered why every health conscious person around you is going gaga over Greek yogurt? What’s with the constant regular…
Give instant relief to your sour throat and common cold with this natural home remedy.…
Who doesn't like junk and unhealthy food ? Well everything served outside is not suppose…
"Pakhala" For many of you this word must be out of your food dictionary. This…
Baked Apple Cinnamon Hand Pies are delicious, irresistible and comforting. Apple Cinnamon Pies are American…
A sweet and spicy Pumpkin pie spice Pikelets or small, fluffy pancakes with the superfood…
Practically effortless, scrumptious and guilt free, chia mousse treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast…