Any baking professional or enthusiast knows the importance of having a reliable tool to keep your baked dishes from sticking to the tray. There are sprays and parchment papers, but they seem not to be that ‘dependable’, not to mention that they are consumable and disposable. If you want something that you can use over and over again, you better look for the best silicone baking mat.
There are several reasons you will fall in love with the best silicone mat for your baking needs, like the ones cited below:
- Your dishes and pastries can be cooked properly and evenly with the aid of the best silicone mat.
- Since it is reusable, it will allow you to save money on baking supplies in the long run.
- It can stay durable for months or even years, maintaining its shape no matter how often you use and wash it.
- The best silicone baking mat is a great alternative for oil and butter, an ideal choice for health enthusiasts.
- Aside from using in the oven, you can also use the silicone mat during your ingredients preparation, and can be placed on top of any surface.
- The silicone baking mat is easy to clean. Even if you put it on top of a greasy surface, you can simply wash it with the usual liquid dishwashing gel and warm water.
In order for the best silicone baking mat to be the right product for you, it must meet your requirements. Here are aspects to determine when choosing the said baking accessory:
Size and shape. What are the baking pans, trays and tins that you usually use? Unless you intend to buy a new set, make sure that the silicone mats you choose would fit the dimensions and shapes of your existing pans and trays. There are silicone baking mats sold by set, coming in various shapes and sizes.
Non-stick property. How non-sticky is the silicone baking mat? A reliable non-stick property will ensure that you truly will not have to use extra butter or oil on your dishes.
Heat resistance. How much heat can the silicone baking mat handle? This is important as any object tends to shrink or become deformed if it goes through so much heat. You will want a baking mat that can maintain its shape for a long time.
Price. While you would want to save money, it is vital to ensure that you are not compromising the quality of the silicone baking mat.
Oil, when heated, becomes harmful to the body. Steer clear of heated fat and use of extra oil and butter when baking through the best silicone baking mat you can find.