This is delicious, easy and healthy recipe for breakfast. This is pure vegetarian recipe. This is one of the most preferred food for those Fasting(vrat) days.
Whole wheat flour (atta) – 1 cup
Roughly chopped Onion – 1 no
Green chilli chopped – 1 no
Jeera (cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Fresh Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Water as required
Preparation Method :
1. In a bowl combine together whole wheat flour, green chillies, salt, red chilli powder, chopped onions, chopped coriander leaves and add sufficient water to make a thick but pouring consistency batter.
2. Heat a non stick pan or normal tawa on a medium heat with little bit oil. Pour a ladle full of batter on a tawa drizzle some oil and fry till golden brown on both the sides.
3. Cook in a low flame, once the one side is cooked. You can changed the other side of cheela with the help of Spatula and cook it well, you can see it in below picture.
4. Once both the sides of the cheela or pancake has been browned, I lifted off them the tawa or pan and placed them on a plate.
5. Serve hot Atta cheela with green chutney or tomato sauce.