“Detox waters have taken the world by storm and unless you’ve been living under a rock you have most certainly heard of, seen and perhaps even made yourself a pitcher or two.”
says our #detoxdiva and Plattershare content partner, Parinaaz Marolia
Widely propagated and well known to give you washboard abs a.k.a a flat belly, these infused waters go way beyond just that.
So besides the obvious, these miracle waters also help in:
- Supporting the digestive system.
- Detoxifying and cleansing both kidneys and liver.
- Promoting good organ health.
- Improving skin tone, texture and skin health.
- Keeping unnecessary food cravings at bay
- Freedom from nausea, fatigue and headaches
- Increasing energy by providing essential electrolytes and
- Reduce inflammation of joints.
Now most people think of infused waters only being made with cucumbers, mint leaves, lemon slices and perhaps some ginger, but that’s not all there is to these waters.
A number of fruit and vegetable infusions will provide varied types of advantages to the body, so switching up the ingredients will not only help tackle multiple problems but also provide a change in taste. Lastly any weight loss nutritionist will tell you that ingesting ample amounts of water per day will certainly keep you fit, active and refreshed besides providing you with a flat toned belly.
We have created seventeen detox waters that will help you in multiple ways to achieve your weight loss goal and stick to it. After all what better season than summer to drink up?!.
Read on for all the recipes.
- Apple Cinnamon With Apple Cider Vinegar Water To Reduce Belly Fat: Water to reduce belly fat is all the rage and for good reason, take this apple and cinnamon infused water with added apple cider vinegar for example, apples are loaded with fibre which is great for your digestive tract, cinnamon is an age old secret spice for prevention of fat absorption from your food and apple cider vinegar besides being a great complementary flavour in this infused water reduces blood sugar, blood pressure, relieves acid reflux and is a widely accepted fat loss remedy.
- Cucumber Lemon And Mint Water: This cucumber lemon and mint water, is not only hydrating but equally delicious as well. This miracle three ingredient water helps you to anti bloat, fight inflammation and feel energized. Lemons help to clean and alkalize the acidic environment in the body, mint leaves add a little sweetness in place of sugar and are also an excellent digestive aid, lastly cucumbers help to rehydrate and maintain electrolyte balance on a rather hot day!
- Rose And Chia Seed Detox Treatment For Weight loss: If you looking for a detox treatment for weight loss, then this rose petal and chia seed infused detox water is as refreshing as it is great for your waist. Rose petals relieve stress, improve bowel movement and also uplift a bad mood. Chia means strength in the Mayan language and besides providing you with lots of it, these also support the heart and help in building stronger muscles and bones, what that means is that they are a sure-fire way to that toned look we all crave for.
- Kiwi, Mint And Lemongrass Weight Loss Water Recipe: This Kiwi, lemon grass and mint weight loss water recipe is not only a great fat cutter and belly burner but works wonders to restore your skin’s inner glow. Kiwi is high in vitamin C and is a great sleep inducer, silently repairing your sun damaged skin and bringing back its former glow. Lemon grass is naturally great for both skin and hair health as it contains a high percentage of antioxidants, it also helps in easy digestion. Mint leaves are nature’s own little stimulants and the smell of mint alone can reduce both fatigue and depression.
- Orange And Tender Coconut Infused Water For Flat Tummy: If inch loss, weight loss, fat burn or all three are your goal, this orange and coconut infused water for flat tummy is the way go, a hydrated body is a healthy body and getting in at least 3 litres of water into your body not only hydrates it but detoxifies it too, it’s great for cell repair, mobility of joints as well as nourishment to all your vital organs. Citrus fruits like oranges contain limonoids, a type of compound that helps to flush out the fat from your system, coconut water is a nutrient dense power house that not only is essential for electrolyte balance but also adds its uniquely nutty depth of flavour.
- Cleansing Drinking Water With Strawberry Blueberry And Rosemary: If a flat belly a.k.a wash board abs are on your mind, then read on for a super simple and easy to make infused water with summer fresh strawberries and blueberries. Blueberries expel unwanted toxins from the body, choose smaller sized berries as they are packed with fat burning nutrients. Besides their pretty colour and sweet bite, strawberries are filled with antioxidants, they help in fighting free radicals, thus helping you retain your youthful glow along with controlling your blood sugar levels. Lastly rosemary helps in proper digestion of food and boosts the immune system as well.
- Detox Treatment For Weight Loss With Watermelon, Mint And Lime Water: If you have been looking for a detox treatment for weight loss, I have the perfect beverage for you, this watermelon, mint and lime infused detox water. Watermelons contain citrulline an amino acid that improves liver functioning, thus detoxifying your system. Limes naturally are a great weight loss aid and mint leaves leave you fresh and energized during sultry summer days.
- Ginger Water Recipe Flat Belly Diet: This ginger water recipe flat belly diet, is so easy to execute, ginger helps combat acidity in our body and lemon besides providing a new dimension of flavour, is an age-old metabolism booster, together they work wonders to detoxify your body and provide you with a flat belly.
- Melon With Mint Leaves For Weight Loss Infused Water: This melon with mint leaves for weight loss infused water, is as delicious to guzzle on a warm summers day as it is beautiful to look at. A perfect beverage for both pre and post workouts, melons are a rich source of vitamin C, that helps to increase your body’s metabolism, mint a natural coolant helps to cool down your body post a hot workout.
- Belly Fat Diet Drink With Mango & Basil: If you are looking for a flat belly diet drink, there is none better than this Belly Fat Diet Drink with Mango & Basil, how and why mangoes?, well here’s the scoop, mangoes are known as the fruit of the Gods, rich in vitamin c – great for bone and muscle strength, rich in fibre – great to keep your bowels moving, rich in vitamin B6, which helps in de-bloating, thereby helping you to wake up in the morning and not feel four pounds heavier and slipping on your favourite pair of jeans for that night out. Lastly soaking mangoes in water helps in dissolving their phytic acid which is notorious for heat related breakouts. Basil oil is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and hence is a great herb to consume especially in the summer months.
- Strawberry Cucumber Drink For Weight Loss: Looking for a cucumber drink for weight loss? then you are at the right place. A majority of our body’s hunger signals are actually thirst signals and providing our body enough water will prevent such wrong messages to the brain. Cucumbers help in felling both satiated and hydrated, thereby preventing unnecessary snacking between meals. Strawberries are natures very own low-calorie candies, they provide a mild sweetness to the water and make you drink more of it as you enjoy the slight flavour.
- Flat Belly Juice Cleanse With Pomegranate And Rosemary: This Flat Belly Juice Cleanse with Pomegranate and Rosemary is as nourishing as it is delicious. Pomegranates are packed with antioxidants – great for a youthful glow, they also help in reducing bad cholesterol, control your weight and fight cell damage in the body. Rosemary leaves help in reducing inflammation, improving blood circulation, protect from bacterial infections and detoxifying the body.
- Blueberry And Lemon Slim Belly Water: If slim belly water is on your mind, you have to give this yummy blueberries and lemon infused detox water a shot. Blueberries and lemons have long been used as a perfect pair as they complement each other beautifully. But if you thought that they can only be used in desserts think again, lemons are a great tool for weight management, they help in clearing the digestive tract, curb appetite and fight bloating. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, they help in keeping you young from inside while you enjoy your mildly flavoured water, thus encouraging you to drink more of it.
- Basil, Rosemary And Mint Drink For Weight Loss: Basil, rosemary and mint drink for weight loss is a power packed potion with the goodness and benefits of not one but three herbs. Basil leaves are high in iron and great to shoo away those unwanted menstrual cramps, it also helps to detoxify the liver after a night of binge drinking, can improve digestion and immunity by helping healthy bacteria flourish within the gut micro flora, Mint leaves not only help in ailing a sick stomach but also helps with digestion and doing away with headaches. Lastly rosemary sprigs may be consumed for their antioxidant properties and to treat gastrointestinal disorders.
- Orange And Raspberry Water Recipe For A Detox Drink: This orange and raspberry infused water is a great recipe for a detox drink. Fruits like oranges contain limonoids, a type of compound that helps to flush out the fat from your system. Raspberries are loaded with antioxidants, they help in keeping you young from inside while you enjoy your mildly flavoured water, thus encouraging you to drink more of it.
- Indian Plum (Jamun) And Cucumber Diet Drink: Did you know that this Indian Plum and Cucumber diet drink can actually help to keep the pounds at bay? The Indian Plum (Jamun) controls blood sugar levels, hence helps in regulating insulin release, beneficial for weight loss, diabetes and PCOD. It also helps in reducing dehydration, gives relief in diarrhoea and vomiting and due to it astringent nature it also helps in controlling heavy bleeding during menstruation. Cucumbers are a great vegetable to snack on if you are feeling hungry between meals.
- Quick Stomach Cleanse With Cranberry And Rosemary Infused Water: Want to do a quick stomach cleanse? then checkout this deliciously tart and herby, Quick Stomach Cleanse with Cranberry and Rosemary Infused Water. Cranberries have a high content of fibre thus facilitating smooth bowel movement, which a great and natural way to get rid of the body’s toxins naturally. Rosemary helps to improve digestion, concentration and brain function.
Recommended Buy: The InstaCuppa infusion bottle keeps your drink fresh for a long duration. It is an ideal accessory for exercise, gym or yoga schedules. Buy on Amazon
If you loved reading these recipes especially curated for you, don’t forget to hit that like button, share this post and comment to tell us if you would like to read more such articles.
About the Author: Parinaaz is an MBA Finance by profession and writer by passion. She blogs at “A Dollop of That!”, her food blog, that was the outcome of her passion for writing, which surfaced often but never overflowed and since she loves to experiment with ingredients, a recipe blog was her natural choice.
When Parinaaz is not blogging, she doubles up as a content partner for Plattershare, practices Iyengar yoga, mimics all and sundry or is out and about photographing pretty flowers all depending on what time of the day it is. You can be in touch with Parinaaz on her blog – A Dollop of That, or like her Facebook page, or follow her on Instagram, Twitter and Google+