Nothing ruins that perfect diet, like those evening cravings. It is the worst, too early for a proper meal and too late for anything but a snack. But only if the struggle ended there, now you need to find something healthy to satisfy the hunger pangs, because otherwise your waistline and cholesterol level both start changing drastically.
What is a good snack, a perfect companion to your tea or something appetizing that you look forward to the entire day? In my opinion, the perfect evening snack is, something easy to make. Nothing is more annoying than to wait for your food (especially when you are hungry). We live our life in the fast- lane, so it is just reasonable for us to expect the same from our food. Quick and easy. Some of the popular snacks are-
1) Bruschetta –this Italian snack, is easy and healthy. It's grilled or toasted bread which can be had with different combinations of herbs and vegetables. Tomato, basil, and cheese have been a crowd favorite. But you can make a cream-mushroom or an olive based bruschetta as well.
The word bruschetta comes from a Roman word, which means 'to roast over coals' but in today’s time, we have other option to grill our bread and alter the recipe according to our own convenience. check for the recipe : Bruschetta
2) Hummus and Pita bread- Hummus is an Egyptian dip, over the last couple of years it has gained a lot of popularity, around the world. It’s easy to make, all you need to do, is remember to stock up on the Pita bread because hummus doesn’t take the time to make. Provide you have done the preparation work on soaking the chickpeas for few hours, beforehand. The good thing about hummus is, you can store it and consume in for a couple of days.
Recipe- Hummus and Pita bread
3) Grilled Sandwiches-Easy, quick and healthy. But the best part is you can customize it according to your choices. There is no rule against what doesn’t go. You can have a carrot, cabage and cheese sandwich or a corn, bell-peppers and cheese or potato sandwich or just play it safe and have a grill cheese sandwich.
4) Cheese Rolls - Grate carrots & cheese, mash some cottage cheese, chop bellpeppers real nice and small. Mix all of that with some salt and oregano. Then take bread and roll it into thin sheet. After that take the mixture and spread it onto the bread. You can toast it or shallow fry according to your taste preferences
5) Chips & Dip- Dips have been a crowd pleaser. It is healthy and tasty. You have a variety of options available. It’s quick to consume and easy to prepare. And for a healthier version, you can replace the chips with salad and have carrots and cucumber instead. The recipe is easy -:
You can also spread the dip or toasted bread and have an open sandwich.
Read about how to make easy, cheesy Dips for your party.
6) Khaman Dhokla- This Gujarati snack is made of besan and curd, for instant cravings. It’s easy to make and healthier than most desk snacks.
Recipe - Khaman Dhokla
7) Mushroom Toast-
Or just add basil leafs and serve it as a dry snack.
8) Grilled Cottage- Cheese (Paneer) - I think potato and cottage cheese is the staples of every vegetarian household. And the different variety of snacks that can be made out of them is the secret behind their success. Take grilled paneer for example; it is so simple it requires no extra effort.
9) Sooji Vegetable-Open Toast-These are just a couple of steps, so that makes it easy.
Then you have a healthy snack or you can also try CornCheese Open Toast which will add a delight to your kids birthday party.
10) Hash-Browns-Boiled potatoes are readily available.
11) Aloo-Papad Chaat-Grate boiled potatoes, and add green chili, dhaniya, salt and pepper into it. Roll that mixture into a papad. Then roast the papad on the open flame. You have a quick and easy snack or if Aloo is not your favorite and you are health conscious try Spicy corn chaat recipe which is filled with health and taste.
12) Peanut Chaat – Peanuts are boon for vegetarian and are rich source of proteins but eating them simply can be boring at times so why not make a healthy chaat by adding onion, tomato, Leaves of coriander and a pinch of Famous Indian Chaat masala
13) Quinoa snacking - Nothing can beat this snack in putting efforts as this is a complete effortless snack and is healthy beyond comparison. It has super food Quinoa and curds with honey and dry fruits.
14) Baked Potato Spaghetti Rolls: Simple Bread potato rolls are an everyday story but our tongue us always looking for innovations and baking is a new trend in today’s foodie's world as deep frying is a BIG NO-NO by health conscious foodies. Try out Potato spaghetti rolls which are baked and are the perfect evening snacks for your guests.
15) Egg but not the French toast Making French toast is a daily job and a kid’s affair so try something different yet easy. Adding Chia Seeds to any dish be it Egg which gets soaked up quickly is the biggest trend and so try making this recipe which takes less than 5 minutes to get cooked. Check out the egg recipe with the healthy twist: